Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Envelope tutorial

I know that many of you already know how to make your own envelopes (I love getting them in the mail!), but maybe someone will find this useful! I never used to use a template to make my envelopes, because then I could make them to fit whatever I was sending, but I tried it yesterday, and it is simpler!

Find an envelope that you like the size of, and open it all the way flat.
Position the envelope on your paper, and trace around it.
Cut out.
Fold your template envelope back up, and using it as a guide, fold in the sides of your envelope.
Remove the template envelope, and using your thumbnail, a bone folder, scissor handle, or other hard smooth object, crease folds.
Dot glue along the edges of the side flaps, and spread out (I used my finger). USE THE GLUE SPARINGLY!!! You only need a tiny bit, otherwise the paper will wrinkle.
Ta-daa! You now have your very own, one-of-a-kind, handmade, re-purposed envelope!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun watermelon envelope- perfect for summer!

    I have this nice glue stick that I use for envelopes. It's got liquid glue inside, but it's kind of pen shaped, and one is a brushy-bit, so it's really easy to apply the glue just where you need it but not too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That glue stick sounds very useful! I get my fingers covered in glue, from spreading it out...

      Delete
  2. How cool! I'll have to try this :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've seen 'envelope templates' for sale and always thought they would be helpful but I never wanted to pay so much $$ - this is a much better idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete